Monday, April 29, 2013

Better for You Banana Bread


My boyfriend recently received a fruit basket from work which contained many delicious items, including bananas. We both don't really eat bananas on their own but really love banana bread, so rather than putting them into smoothies, we have decided to let them ripen and make banana bread.

I am personally trying to eat healthier so I searched for a delicious banana bread recipe that is better for you than the usual fat and sugar packed version that I usually make, and this is what I found from a great healthy eating blog called 8 Weeks to a Better You Recipes:





Ingredients:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3 mashed overripe bananas

Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.


2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack


I can't wait to try this as soon as the bananas in my kitchen finish ripening this week. I hope you enjoy it as much as I think I will.


Take Care,

Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment